Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trial Army lists! List 1

So, I'm taking to two 50 point lists for Steamroller Format next year to the Cons I'm planning on attending. I've only played one game with each so far, and still need to tweak them some I think. I haven't played my skorne in quite a few years, I might need to swap out a few things here and there, but honestly won't know until I get a few more games in. But for now, let's get to the lists!

List 1:

Void Seer Mordikaar   +5 WB Pts
Cyclopse Brute   5
Bronzeback Titan   10
Molik Karn   11
Aptimus Marketh   3
Cataphract Arcuarii (Leader and 3 Grunts)   6
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts)   2
Praetorian Karax (Leader and 9 Grunts)   6
Praetorian Karax (Leader and 9 Grunts)   6
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer   3
Void Spirit   2
This list only comes to 49. I'm still debating the idea with the Brute, I originally had a Basalisk Drake there for the spray, but I have plenty of infantry to counter enemy infantry should I need to I think.  The whole idea behind Molik and the Bronzeback is pretty much to wreck face on any enemy warbeasts/warjacks. The Brute is more for a defensive warbeast on Mord with shield guard should the need arise, and to help clean up should I lose one of my heavies early in the game. The Paingiver Handlers are obviously there to assist managing the beasts every turn with enrage/medicate etc.
The two units of Karax are pretty much tarpit units in a sense for scenario play and to hold objective in shield wall. Also plan to keep hollow on at least one unit, and that exploding spell (can't think of the bloody name right now and don't have my skorne cards/book on me) that way if possible I can get some extra Fury. Arcuarii are there to deal with warbeasts/warjacks and heavy infantry, never hurts to have some CRA drag and smack with weapon masters running around :).  Tyrant Commander & SB are there to support both Karax units and the Arcuarii with his little *action abilites.
Marketh is there to hopefully support Mord by upkeeping his spells from gaining tokens from dying infantry around him, so Mord can hold onto his fury each turn. The Void Spirit is pretty much there to harass other solo's or eliminate them if possible, he doesn't really need much support in my opinion.

I'll post the 2nd list a little later this evening after work :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment